- INTRODUCTION & GENERAL TERMS
– social media or official VR content on other websites;
– mobile and TV Applications (“Apps”);
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person. In order to provide you with the full range of VR services, we sometimes may need to collect information about you.
– how the VR will use information we collect about you;
– when the VR may use your details to contact you;
– what information the VR may collect about you;
– whether the VR will disclose your details to anyone else;
– your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- WHAT INFORMATION WILL VR SPORT MEDIA COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the VR’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, message boards, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text, vote or create an account using the VR’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of VR services.
- HOW WILL VR SPORT MEDIA USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT ME?
VR Sport Media will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
– to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you do not wish to receive this, please sign-out and/or unsubscribe from the emails;
– to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
– for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the VR;
– to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. VR may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
– where VR proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
- WHEN WILL VR SPORT MEDIA CONTACT ME?
VR Sport Media may contact you:
– in relation to any contribution you have submitted to the VR e.g. video footage for VRsport channel;
– in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that VR can deliver the services to you;
– in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about VR products or services;
– in relation to any personalised services you are using;
– to invite you to participate in surveys about the VR services (participation is always voluntary); and for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 5 below)
- WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
VR Sport Media will only send you emails or otherwise contact you for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or content where you have agreed to this. Where you have agreed to receive these communications, we may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided us and your use of VRsport.tv.
- WILL VR SPORT MEDIA SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section and section 7 below.
Generally, we will use your information within VR and will only share it outside VR where you have requested it or given your consent, for example if you choose to share content via social media. However, sometimes VR uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. VR requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and VR requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
- OFFENSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT ON VR WEBSITES
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to VR websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any VR service, VR may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where VR reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), VR may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED 16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to VR.
- HOW LONG WILL VR SPORT MEDIA KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with VR. If you cancel your VR registration some personal information is deleted immediately, the remaining personal information stays on the system for a period up to one year for administration purposes before being deleted or anonymised for analytical purposes.
Where you contribute material to VR we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
- CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION VR SPORT MEDIA HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information VR holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £15 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Data Protection Officer, VR Sport Media Ltd, The Queen Mother Reservoir, Horton Road, Slough, Berkshire, UK SL3 9NT (Email: email@example.com)
- WEB BROWSER COOKIES
(a) Cookie – what is it?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the VR website.
On VR websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better viewer experience.
(c) Third Party Cookies in embedded content on VR pages
Please note that during your visits to VR websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to VR or VR’s contractors.
To support our services, we sometimes embed content from social media and other third party websites. These may include social media services including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – this is not exhaustive list. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of the VR website. VR does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the VR website. Where VR embeds content from social media and other third party websites, some sites may use Google Analytics to collect data about user behaviour for their own purposes. The VR Sport Media does not control this and for more information see Google Analytic’s site ‘How Google uses data’.
VR Sharing Tools
You will also see embedded ‘share’ buttons on VR web pages; these enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Again, VR does not control the dissemination of these cookies. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the VR website.
(d) VR cookies and how to reject cookies
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites’ features.
(e) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide VR with information about your device, such an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to VRsport.tv and this may be captured by performance cookies.
- DO NOT TRACK (DNT) BROWSER SETTING
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT requests should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties. VR will continue to review DNT and other new technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once available.
- MOBILE DEVICE APPS
When you download or use VR apps on your mobile device, information may be accessed from or stored to your device. Most often this is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the app to ‘remember’ you or provide you with the content you have requested.
Your web browser or device may also provide VR with information about your device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and app ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the app you are running).
Data Protection Officer
VR Sport Media Ltd,
The Queen Mother Reservoir,